Why is This Master Program
You might wonder – while there are thousands of digital marketing programs available both offline and online and millions of learners getting certified each years, why we lack adequate capable digital marketing professionals? As I examined, the problem is either in the program content or in the enrollment criteria or in both.
Problems in Most of the Program Content
As the program content is concerned, I examined about two dozens of offered programs available both in online and offline modes with different fee structures including free online programs through government funding. Almost all programs lack the basic requirement of digital marketing curriculum, that is, the STC. STC stands for Strategy, Technology and Creativity.
When you are thinking about marketing, the first aspect that comes to play its role is ‘strategy’. In the realm of advertising, marketing and promoting, ‘creativity’ plays its role from the beginning to the end. While it’s digital, we are bound to think about ‘technology’.
Whether it’s a certificate or diploma program or a graduate program in digital marketing, we are bound to coherently bind the S, T and C in the curriculum of the program so that the learners can get maximum input and their output will meet the requirement of the need of the industry.
Something like how to advertise on Facebook or how to optimize your webpages for Google, although, should have its appropriate positioning in a digital marketing program, it’s yet a tiny portion in an entire curriculum if designed properly to deliver some purposeful outcome. Even a basic certification program of two to three months duration need to be more careful to start from the basics of marketing practices and principles and gradually develop towards research, analytics and review. While there are plethora of free online content on search engine optimization, social media marketing, Google analytics etc., no one need to enroll in a program that can’t contribute in getting adequate beyond the free stuff.
Problems in Most of the Enrollment Criteria
For whom a digital marketing training program is intended? It’s really a big question. Is it for anyone interested in learning the things you are offering or it’s for those who really need to learn or it’s for who are capable of learning?
Sadly enough, most of the certificate and diploma programs in digital marketing, don’t have any specification of prerequisite criteria for enrolment in the courses. Ability and strong commitment to learn highly matters for any specialized education like marketing. For example, I may be interested in learning the space sciences, but can I, really, learn the things properly without required ability or prerequisites?
These are the reasons why we need a more coherent structure in designing the curriculum and modules of a Master Certification in Digital Marketing for the year 2020.
For Whom This Course is:
- Job seekers
- Marketing Professionals
- New Entrepreneurs
- Small Business Owners
- For Students and Job Seekers: Any graduate or IT/Marketing Diploma
- For Marketing Professionals: No minimum qualification required
- Basic computer skill
- Good experience with the internet
Mode of Admission: Entrance Test
Lecture Lab Ratio: 35:65
Mode of Teaching:
- Audio visual classes
- Live projects
- Project based home work and experimentation
- Group discussion.
Course Duration: 180 hours in three months with internship (optional) for additional three months
Batch Strength: 40
Marketing Fundamentals (08 hours)
This course will introduce you with the Digital Marketing Master Certification Course 2020 and give you a framework to help you understand the basic principles of marketing and to organize and plan your marketing approach. We also introduce you to basics of digital marketing and teach how to apply what you learn in both B2C and B2B contexts.
- Course structure
- Learning outcomes
- Career opportunities
- How to get best from this course – preparation and practice techniques
Basics of marketing
- Marketing objectives and goals
- how to prepare for the market
- marketing funnel and customer accusation journey
- market research and planning
Basics of Digital Marketing
- Traditional vs. digital marketing
- future of digital marketing
- live examples of great success through digital marketing
- the secret of lead generation through digital marketing
- role of digital marketing in PR and branding
- B2C and B2B context and planning for B2B and B2C context
- strategy building
Project: Prepare a marketing plan for a given brand/product/service in a particular market segment
Content Strategy (27 hours)
Content has it core role in any type of marketing activities. It was there, when there was no internet and it’s also here, when everything is online. Particularly to online marketing, content provides enormous strength. Content is at the core of all marketing activity. Content marketing makes everything possible in the digital era of marketing practices.
Content marketing is, in fact, an indirect marketing approach. It doesn’t necessarily involves in a sale, but smoothly and effectively it transforms the engagement of the prospects with the contents into profitable sales. When done right, content can attract the target audience and convert them into customers. In the marketing funnel of customer accusation journey, great contents play the role of customer captivator that engage the potential customers with a brand or business. Engagement is the best technique to gradually attract a large amount of audience and turning them into real customers. This is why wise major businesses invest heavily on content marketing.
While it’s all about digital marketing, contents play the major role not only by engaging and converting, but also by optimizing websites for search engines. Content play a important role in both on-page and off-page SEO. Great content is another way to optimize your page for getting more visibility by the search engines.
For the above reasons, content marketing is the first core course of this program. This course will not only train you in creating great contents and distributing the same over various channels; rather it will thoroughly prepare you in preparing content marketing strategies, defining and targeting audiences, creating audience specific contents, resolving issues with content marketing, evaluating and managing content, analyzing metrics, measuring impacts and evaluating the strategies etc.
Content Marketing Basics
- Brief introduction to content marketing and it’s history
- Role of content marketing in branding, PR and customer engagement
- Content marketing goals and prerequisites
- Types of content
- Career opportunities in content marketing
Story Telling as Content Marketing
- Basics of good stories
- Writing: writing skill development
- Info-graphics – graphic designing tools
- Images: photo editing tools – Photoshop and working with layers,
- Video: video editing, on-screen recording and editing,
- Presentation of content
- Evaluation and marketing. .
Content Creation & Targeting Customers
- Define content creation goals
- Know your audience and collecting information about them
- Create Personas for your prospects
- Know tools to help content creation: editorials, ideation, research and formats
- Understand the different types of content: blogs, podcasts, images, videos, info-graphs, newsletters, life-cycle emails, brochures, whitepapers, e-books
- What is a weblog
- How blogging works
- What are the benefits of maintaining a blog
- Understand the interrelation between blogging & SEO
- Know how to make money via blogging
- Know the difference between content marketing and content Strategy
- Define audience for your content strategy
- Understand how to do content audit
- Know how to organize and tag your content
- What is the success metrics you should include in content
- How to align your content style with brand’s personality
- Know how to document your content strategy
Content Promotion, Analysis, & Reporting
- How to build an audience
- Learn influencer, email and comment marketing
- What is guest posting and how to become a guest blogger
- Use of PR, social media, and paid promotion
- Know the core metrics to analyze content strategy
- Delve into page-views, bounce-rate, dwelling-time, engagement metrics and social metrics
Project: Create and publish your content and evaluate your strategy’s success.
Social Media Marketing (20 hours)
Social media are powerful channels for marketing. Social media marketing is also highly cost effective. Entrepreneurs and marketer, these days, can hardly ignore the wide platforms provided by social media. Increasing popularity of social media also creating better opportunities for marketers. This is why, social media marketing course in another important component in digital marketing training program.
In this course, you’ll learn more about the main social media platforms, how to manage your social media presence, and how to create effective content for each platform.
Cutting through the noise in social media can be challenging, and often, marketers must use paid social media marketing strategies to amplify their message. In this course, you’ll learn about the opportunities for targeted advertising in social media and how to execute advertising campaigns that resonate with your audience.
Media optimization for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest: Open Graph (OG) management, image and video debugging, batch invalidation, access token creation, post tag, object tag and keyword tag creation, error fixing, Facebook meta enabling/disabling, object type management, Twitter card management, twitter author management, Pinterest site verification, regular monitoring and testing and more.
Social Media Marketing (SMM) on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: Planning and strategy building; target group management on the basis of age, gender, employment, income level, location, education, lifestyle, hobbies, preferences, purchase habit, online behaviour and more; target defining, target specific advertising, offer and event management, pause and remarketing management, title and description creation, object optimization, daily monitoring and evaluation, remodelling and more.
Project: Run a Facebook Campaign
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) (45 hours)
Search engines are an essential part of the online experience. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process that ensures higher ranking of a web-pagesin the search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Yandex etc. SEO helps in getting more traffic that is organic (unpaid) and relevant. SEO helps in visibility of websites across search engines so that the sites reaches the right audiences. A well trained professional in SEO can determine thee rank of the website (or web content) of his/her company and clients.
Our SEO Marketing course is a highly essential part of the Digital Marketing program curicullum that will train you in SEO strategies, techniques and methods.
This course will help the learners with the knowledge and practices of SEO friendly domain, SEO friendly web-designs, link building, mobile SEO, off-page and on-page SEO, strategic and technical SEO, keyword research and implementation and SEO oriented content creation, but not limited to this stated aspects.
This course will help in learning – how to optimize your search engine presence through on-site and off-site activities as well as through strategic and technical activities, how to develop your target keyword list, how to optimize your website UX and design, how to make your website mobile friendly, how to build effective links and how to resolve multidimensional SEO issues.
- Domain properties, domain name selection, domain extensions
- Submitting domain/URLs to search Engines, Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster tools
- XML sitemaps – basic rules, necessary conditions for XML sitemaps, creating XML sitemaps, submitting XML sitemaps to search engines, monitoring sitemap properties
- HTML Tags: Meta Tags (Title tags and description tags), Nofollow tags, noindex tags, canonical tags, H tags and other relevant tags
- Robots.txt files: relevance, creation, implementation and monitoring
- Schema.org markup
- Structured data and data highlights
- Rich cards and enhancement
- Script and language management – HTML, Java and CSS
- URL inseption
- Crawl and coverage issues fixing
- Redirection fixing
- 301 and 302 redirection
- Error fixing: 400, soft 400, 500 and 501 errors
- Mobile usabilities
- Rendering path blockage and speed optimization
- Testing tools
- Metrics and dimension
- Internal link inspection and enhancement
- Keyword research and enhancement
- Content quality inspection and enhancement
- Strategic distribution of tags
- Penalty issue management
- Link building & Content marketing basics
- Directory submissions and local listings
- Niche back-linking
- Social bookmarking and social media back-linking – theories, realities and practices
- Press Releases
- Blog and post optimization
- SEO driven SoLoMo (Social, Local, Mobile) Strategies
- ORM and influencer outreach
- Delve into local SEO and mobile SEO practices
Best SEO Tools
- Google Search Console, Google Analytics setup and Bing Webmaster
- The working of Keyword Planner tool and mapping keyword to web-pages
- SEO tools to delve into competition analysis
SEO Relevant Website Design Practices
- How to make your website SEO friendly
- Mobile responsive design & Importance of HTTPs
- Site schema & Technical Website Optimization
- URL architecture and page speed analysis
SEO Site Audit & Algorithm Update
- On-page & Off-page SEO Audit Plans
- SEO audit tools: Screaming Frog, SEOprofiler, Moz, & domain tools
- Google SEO algorithm updates: Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird
- Tracking and related metrics
- Google analytics custom reports and SEO dashboard
- Create and Submit XML Site Map to Google
- Optimize a webpage
Pay-per-Click (PPC) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) with Google Ads (20 hours)
Optimizing visibility in search engine results is an essential part of digital marketing. Reinforcing findability through Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is an effective tactic to achieve your marketing objectives. In this course, you learn how to create, execute, and optimize an effective ad campaign using Google Ads.
Google Ads Management: Planning and strategy building, keyword research and planning, trend research for keyword, topic and object, advertisement script creation, media optimization, media scaling, target audience fixing, offer and event management, daily monitoring and evaluation, pause and remarketing management, remodelling and adjustment, pay per click (PPC) budget management.
Project: Run a Google Ads Campaign
Display Advertising (10 hours)
Display advertising is a powerful marketing tool, strengthened by new platforms like mobile, new video opportunities, and enhanced targeting. In this course, you learn how display advertising works, how it is bought and sold (including in a programmatic environment), and how to set up a display advertising campaign using Google Ads.
Project: Evaluate a Display Advertising Campaign
Email Marketing (20 hours)
Email is an effective marketing channel, especially at the conversion and retention stage of the customer journey. In this course, you learn how to create an email marketing strategy, create and execute email campaigns, and measure the results.
Strategic and creative email marketing on target basis: strategy and planning, Subscription form management, mailer listing, mail designing, automated process integration, regular shout out, evaluation and fine-tuning.
Project: Market with Email
Measure and Optimize with Google Analytics (20 hours)
Actions online can be tracked, and so can the effect of your digital marketing efforts. In this course, you learn how to use Google Analytics to evaluate your audience, measure the success of your acquisition and engagement efforts, evaluate your user’s conversions to your goals, and use those insights to plan and optimize your marketing budgets.
Project: Create your Digital Marketing Portfolio
Why You Should Learn Digital Marketing?
Being a digital Marketing Consultant, I’ve been feeling a big gap in the field in India as well as in many countries except in USA, Canada, European countries and China. Irrespective of sizes, demand for digital marketing is growing tremendously in all city type and it will grow further. In the other hand, you will rarely find five or six digital marketers among 100 marketing professional. Approximate 95% of our marketers are trained in the traditional marketing methods. It’s a sorry figure. While industry need more and more digital marketer and less and less traditional market, the present situation creating chaos and imbalance. Those who are trained in traditional marketing, are not getting secured job or trying here and there to manage livelihood anyhow. The little fraction who are trained in digital marketing, however, lucky enough to get an immediate job offer with handsome package. There is a third side of the scenario. Small and medium businesses are bound to hire non-professionals for their digital marketing need. You could imagine, what the result is going to be!
It was around 2010, Digital Marketing started to get visible In India and in most of the South Asian countries. With the entry of large eCommerce players like Amazon, Shopclues, Ebay, Snapdeal and Flipkart, the demand for digital marketing begun. Within last nine years, the industry grew massively. While growth for early phase was approximate 25% annually, it has been doubled during last five years.
The future of digital marketing in South Asia is definitely bright. Thanks to the smart phone and cheap data plan revolution, the population of internet users is rapidly growing. The time has ended that businesses can ignore this comparatively new marketing mode. Small or large, each business has to depend upon the digital platform. Businesses who are wise enough have already switched to the digital mode and their competitors who have not have adjusted with the new era requirements have lagged far behind.
There are hundreds of reasons that why a business should choose the digital mode and online presence for its marketing and advertising need. First and foremost is that it’s the cheapest mode. And most importantly –
“Digital Marketing is the most cost effective, reliable, target oriented, audience specific, data concentric, wide reachable and measurable mode of marketing.”
It’s a right time to become a Digital Marketing professional. You could be among 2.1 lakh professionals that Indian companies need in 2019-20.
What are the course objectives?
The Advanced Certificate in Digital Marketing (ACDM) course is designed to help you master the essential disciplines in digital marketing, including search engine optimization (SEO), social media, pay-per-click (PPC), conversion optimization, web analytics, content marketing, email and mobile marketing. Digital marketing is one of the world’s fastest growing disciplines, and this certification will raise your value in the marketplace and prepare you for a career in digital marketing.
Whether you’re looking for a new career in digital marketing or just wish to add digital to your existing skill set, the ACDM course will prepare you to become a complete digital marketer and make you industry ready on day one. You will acquire the right skills through extensive hands-on practice on a wide range of simulations and projects that will enable you to launch and execute your own digital marketing campaigns. We’ll train you on the latest digital marketing tools, show you how they work and how to gain insights that will help clarify your strategy.
The DMCA course will prepare you for the most sought-after certification exams such as OMCA (OMCP), Facebook Marketing, YouTube Marketing, Google Ads, Google Analytics, and Twitter Marketing.