Hi, we are happy that you want to write for BusinessKrafts.com as a guest blogger/contributor/subject expert.
If you have something to write that will be useful and appealing to our readers, we will definitely publish it on our blog. However, we have some quality criteria that you need to follow while submitting a post/article.
To ensure that our editorial team will approve your post, please read the guest posting guidelines below carefully. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
1. Categories We Cover
The six main categories in which we write and accept guest posts are:
- Entrepreneurship and startup
- Consultancy, market research, and marketing strategy.
- Digital marketing and SEO
- Website design and web development
- AI or ME and data-driven technology
Need not to say that your post/article should fall under any of these categories or subcategories.
Our main goal is to help our readers learn or discover a new area in entrepreneurship/startup, market research, business planning, marketing automation, website design, web development, content management system (CMS), eCommerce management, using new technology for business and marketing, customer relationship management, and few other allied aspects.
We also highly focus on problem solving or helping our readers with a new idea or inspiration.
Our readers are mainly beginners, but there are are also advanced learners who want to learn some complex aspects.
While you are thinking of writing on BusinessKrafts.com, you should have a good idea about the categories and the readers’ choices.
You can write both short blog posts and long in-depth articles for our blog section.
2. Our Basic Blogging Principles
We strongly believe that a blog article should be directly intended for our readers, and it must be useful to them. In all aspects, it should be original, unique, authentic, helpful, and engaging. We don’t need to say that we never accept any writing that is duplicate or thin in content. We are much intolerant of plagiarism and spamming.
Besides, we have some clear goals behind blogging, such as –
- Creating useful and unique resources to help our readers learn a new skill, technology, or strategy or solve a problem
- Helping our readers find out the right tools and platforms that can be highly helpful in achieving their desired goals or solving their problems
- Providing accurate, authentic, and up-to-date information on the latest development and trends in the area we focus on
- Producing high-quality content that our readers will love to discuss on, bookmark, and share
- Offering comprehensive, well readable, and easy to implement guidelines for new learners
- Writing thought-provoking and inspiring articles in the fields of interest we deal with
Whatever may be the principles, objectives, and goals, we have been discoursing to compromise with quality.
There are also a few other things that we will discuss in the next sections.
3. Preparing for an Article
Before asking up for a guest post opportunity, we expect that you are well prepared for the post you want to write.
We hope that during the preparation stage, you’ll outline the following aspects:
- What is the question to which you are going to provide the answer
- How your answer will solve a problem our readers have
- How will you organize your content
- How your content will be easy to read and comprehend
- How will you put other elements, such as images, graphs, and citation links in your content
4. Submitting the Proposal
While submitting your proposal for guest posting on BusinessKrafts.com, please share your article idea with us in 100 to 200 words. Your synopsis should have the following elements:
- A brief introduction to your post, including title, sections, and subsections
- Tags/Category (eg., digital market/SEO/website design/WordPress etc.)
- Length of the article (approx. word count)
- Objectives behind the post
- Brief author bio with contact details
Submit the proposal by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Writing the Post
Now that you are going to write your post for a solid reason. Please follow our guidelines so that we will not face any difficulty in approving your post.
Here are a few general rules for the use of language for online posting:
- Always talk to the reader directly like you are having a conversation with a friend. It means, address the readers in the second person.
- Use simple language as much as possible. Avoid jargon or complicated words. Explain things in a way that everyone can understand.
- Avoid the passive voice as much as possible. Try to use active voice in most of the sentences
- Spell out numbers from one to ten but use the numerical for anything higher than that.
- Please proofread your post thoroughly. Use Grammarly or Microsoft Word for grammar and spelling check, if required.
Use up-to-date information in your post. Make sure not to use any data that is more than two years old.
Coin an engaging and SEO friendly title for your post. Keep it within 50 characters, including spaces. Use your main keyword in the title.
Your post should be well structured so that both the readers and search engine bots can easily understand the content. It can also provide immense readability and better comprehension.
Here are some tips that you should follow:
- Divide your post into some sections and subsections
- If there are no subsections under it, each main section shouldn’t have more than 500 words.
- Lengthy sections are acceptable if those are divided into several subsections.
- Divide sections and subsections into smaller paragraphs.
- Each paragraph should have less than 250 words.
- All main sections should have headings in title case and with H2 tag. Never use H1 tag for headings as it is reserved for the title of the post.
- Use H3 for subsections. Use either H4 or bold/strong for further (secondary) subsections.
- Keep uniformity
- Never keep a section or subsection empty. At a minimum, put some words or lists under a section/subsection.
- Try to include your main keyword and related key phrases in the headings.
Along with good structure, you should also need to focus on the readability of your article. The following tips can be helpful:
- Avoid long sentences
- Avoid long paragrams
- Avoid monotonous sentences
- Use simple words
- Make use of list when required
- Never use ALL CAPS, italicize if required
- Rationally use bold words, if required
You know it well how links are crucial in a blog post. However, using links in the wrong ways can be very harmful. So, you must be careful while using links in your post. We have, also some clear guidelines to use links properly.
- The thumb rule is – Use link whenever it’s really required but never stuff your posts with links.
- Link to useful resources only
- Put a link to prove a claim or back up a fact
- Put a link to redirect the readers to further clarification or to learn more
- Use appropriate part of the text to include links
- Never use a link as an anchor text
When you do link to other websites, keep the following in mind:
- Make sure to only link to highly reputable sources. Never link to any spammy site.
- Never link to any content that is not updated during the last two years.
- Never put a link with an affiliate parameter.
- All external links should be open in a new tab.
- Don’t put more than four external links for any 1,000 words.
When you do link to BusinessKrafts.com, please follow the following guidelines:
- Don’t put more than six internal links for every 1,000 words
- All internal links should open in the same tab
Images and Graphics
Images and graphics are great assets to any blog post. They can enhance the readability and usefulness of any article as well as help in backing up facts and figures. Besides, they have crucial roles in arousing the interest of the readers.
Using images/graphics correctly in an article has many advantages, but stuffing a post with images or using those improperly can be harmful. So please follow the guidelines.
- All post should have a featured image in dimension 1200X675 pixels
- The size of any image shouldn’t be more than 10 MP
- All images should be compressed and optimized
- Images should be clear and vivid
- Try your best to keep the images in rectangular shape
- Crop out unnecessary elements from the images
- If the image has a white background, add a thin border to it
- We accept images in JPG/GPEG, PNG, and GIF formats
- Be careful of not using any copyrighted image
- Add original screenshots and graphs to strengthen your content
The last thing that you should be careful about is inserting proper keywords in your post for better SEO benefits. Please follow the guideline –
- Never stuff the post with keywords
- Keyword density should not be more than 2%
- Use keywords in the text where it seems relevant
- Include your main keywords in the title and meta title of the post
- Insert additional keywords in the headings and meta description
- Try to use related phrases in the body text
6. Submitting the Post
Before submitting the post, be sure to check that it adheres to the quality standard, our guideline, and SEO best practice. Recheck for spelling, grammar, and data errors. When you are sure that your post is worth publishable, submit the same to us.
There are three different ways that we accept a guest post, such as –
- Directly posting on our website through login to your author/contributor account. Once you post your article, we will moderate before approving it.
- You may share your post with us through Google Doc with a sharable link.
- you may also mail your post to email@example.com in a Microsoft Word document.
Once your post is approved and published, we will inform you. Please don’t make phone calls to inquire about the status. All communication should be through email only.